Pages

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Suggested Reading

A quick post before I get fitted for a tux for a friends wedding. Something that Im going to have to get away from is editing each chapter as I finish it.  As I near 20,000 words I find myself lost in the first chapter, editing, and reediting the opening lines.  Today I spent the better part of my morning doing just this.

As a developing writer, I must force myself to avoid going back to work on things.  There will be plenty of time for all of that when I'm finished with the first draft.

Oh, also one thing I might point out for anyone who's looking into this world of writing.  Check out the book "On Writing" by Stephen King.  Its packed with a lot of information and from a viewpoint that we all can relate too.  Someone who's just trying to make it in life as a author and what he had to go though in life to make it.  It was a real eye opener for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment